2019-2020 Mini Course
This year's theme is Genetics and the Interdisciplinary Team. Speakers and event dates will be announced this Fall! Participation will be open to students, faculty, and staff.
Check back in late August for details.
Why Should I Participate?
As a current or past participant in our campus’ interprofessional activities, we believe your background and experience will be a valuable addition to the mini-course. OUHSC is committed to the development and expansion of a comprehensive, cohesive, competency-driven menu of interdisciplinary learning experiences. This includes the advancement of course offerings producing distinctive, practice-ready, collaborative professionals. This mini-course series is one of many interprofessional activities on campus. Participants who complete the mini-course will receive a completion certificate and will be encouraged to list their participation on their CV/resume. Participation will also be counted toward Transcript Notation.
Background of the Mini-Course Concept:
The Office of the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs & Faculty Development, and the Office of Interdisciplinary Education Programs, piloted an interdisciplinary mini-course seminar series for faculty, students and staff in 2018-2019.
- The mini-course series featured 10 modules in four thematic components. Each module focused on an interprofessional concept of teams/teamwork with varying discussion topics.
- Thematic Components included:
- 4-module Journal Club (5:00-6:30 pm on 9/19/18, 1/16/19, 3/13/19, and 6/19/19)
- 3-module Book Review (5:00-6:30 pm on 11/14/18, 2/20/19, and 4/17/19)
- 2-module Pizza & Movie series (Starts at 5:00 pm on 10/10/18 and 5/15/19)
- 1 team challenge activity (5:00-6:00 pm on 10/17/18)
- Faculty, students, and staff were invited to participate in one, multiple, or all of the modules.
Please contact Margaret Robinson, Assistant Director Interdisciplinary Education Program, at Margaret-Robinson@ouhsc.edu.