Description: This hybrid training program will provide collaborative, interdisciplinary coursework via web-based and onsite didactic course material, simulation exercises, reflection activities, and assignments to improve the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of students from multiple health disciplines in delivery of Community Centered Care. In this course, learners will engage in interactive learning with other health profession students and community partners. This course is intended to be completed after Diversity Ally training is completed, and before participation in interprofessional clinical activities.
Proposed Goal: The goal of this project is to engage the LGBTQ+ community as active team members in course design, content delivery, and active reflection to prepare health professions students to be collaborative and patient-centered when delivering team-based care to the community.
Advisory Board: A collaboration of community representatives, subject-matter experts, interested allies, students, support agencies, practitioners, educators, and administrators.
1. Finalize learning materials and design D2L course (June-August)
2. Schedule dates for project delivery in Fall 2020 and Spring 2021
3. Determine evaluation and assessment methods
4. Train facilitators and standardized patients (September)
Intended Project Outcomes:
1. Increase in the number of health professions learners receiving content related to LGBTQ+ clients/patients
2. Prepare learners to engage with clients/patients from the LGBTQ+ community
We are currently in the process of filling out our advisory board to begin course planning. Please email email@example.com for information about joining the board.